25 October, 2010

I finally have a PCM!

Finally! I like her a lot. She seems very down to earth and like she cares about me and wasn't just worried about pushing me out the door. I went to the ER before I saw my PCM, which is what rushed my referral even more. The ER didn't do anything but give me a GI cocktail that did nothing for the pain.

I'm in a lot of pain. They think there is something wrong with my liver and pancreas as my enzymes are elevated and my blood work is all screwy. She gave me more medications, which are basically to treat for IBS. They don't seem to be helping with the pain at all. I keep putting a heating pad on it, but it doesn't really help much.

I will be calling in the morning to see if there is something she can do for the pain, because obviously I'm not sleeping. I need to sleep, I have my EEG soon. Although I do need to be sleep deprived for that. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. The Boyfriend is sick, and I feel bad for the poor guy having to deal with my issues too. I just want to feel better, but I know that isn't going to happen any time soon.

My regular pills are losing their effectiveness, but my psychiatrist won't do anything until they figure out what is wrong with my blood work and get it straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment